CHALLENGES FACING OUR INDUSTRY
Duration: 60 minutes
1 April 2008
About This Podcast
During this Podcast, David addresses the following questions...
1. What are the prime factors for success that we should look for in a direct sales/MLM company?
2. If a company has all those characteristics, does that mean they will be a success?
3. What are some of the challenges that face companies and distributors in the Australia market today?
4. With the advent of more and more internet based companies, which are better a virtual business or a traditional bricks and mortar organization?
5. How important are the training and distributor support systems of a company as a determining factor for distributor success?
6. How important is the distributors previous direct sales experience in determining their potential for success?
About David Nomchong
David Nomchong is no stranger to the Direct Sales Industry and has launched three MLM companies in Australia in his 35 year career.
In the late 1980’s he was the Business Development Director of L’Arome International a UK business which achieved over $17 million in sales in its 1st year in Australia, and went on to launch the company in Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and North America.
Later he joined GNLD International as VP of Sales for Asia Pacific working in Japan, Korea, Philippines, New Zealand and Australia.
In 1998 he launched Mannatech into Australia as the founding President and General Manager recruiting over 22,000 distributors in the 1st year and building sales from an initial $20 Million in 12 months to over $47 Million p.a. when he retired from the company.
David Nomchong is now the Regional General Manager of Isagenix (Asia Pacific), the newest entrant to Australia and New Zealand’s growing alternative health and wellness market and he expects its fortunes to well eclipse the achievements of the 2 previous start-ups he has presided over.
In between his corporate roles David has worked as an Industry Consultant providing strategic planning, business development and recruitment services and has been a sort after speaker and trainer for direct sales companies in Australia, Asia, UK and the USA.
He was a Founding President of the National Speakers Association of Australia having served 4 terms as President. He was awarded a Lifetime Membership of the Platform Professionals group in 1994. And is currently the Honorary Chairman of the Arrow Bone Marrow Transplant Foundation a 20 year old registered charity that supports research into stem cell transplant therapies for leukaemia and other blood diseases.